Basil Basil (ocimum basilicum) has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known to reduce anxious feelings. Basil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pastas, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin. When diffused, Basil helps promote focus and a stress-relieving experience.
• Acts as a cooling agent for the skin • Promotes mental alertness and lessens anxious feelings when diffused • May ease monthly feminine discomfort*
COMMON USES • Diffuse to promote a sense of focus while studying or reading • Take a drop internally to provide soothing support during menstrual cycle* • Add to your favorite Italian dishes for a refreshing taste • Massage with wintergreen and carrier oil on back of neck for a stress-relieving experience
APPLICATION Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
CAUTION: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON QUALITY The information provided here on the properties and uses of essential oils do NOT apply to all essential oil brands. Because of lenient industry standards and a lack of regulation on terms such as "natural" or "pure", much of what you find at the drug store is not a therapeutic grade of essential oil and may lack real quality or even contain contaminants.
The Best Essential Oil Brands follow these guidelines:
1) Proper plant varieties
2) Grown in their indigenous region around the world
3) Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc
4) Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties
5) Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules
6) Third-party testing of each and every batch 7) Stand behind the internal use of their oils