Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) is best known as a common cooking spice that enhances the flavor of foods, but its internal and topical benefits are equally noteworthy. This essential oil is high in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, known for their antioxidant activity* and ability to help ward off environmental and seasonal threats. Black Pepper promotes healthy circulation,* but should be used with caution when applied topically due to its strong warming sensation. It can also help with the digestion of foods, making it an ideal oil to cook with and enjoy both for its flavor and internal benefits.*
• Take internally to help alleviate occasional feelings of stomach discomfort*
• Create a warming, soothing massage by combining one to two drops with coconut oil
• Diffuse or inhale directly to soothe anxious feelings
• Take one to two drops in veggie caps daily when seasonal threats are high*
• Add to meats, soups, entrees, and salads to enhance food flavor and aid digestion*
APPLICATION Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
CAUTION: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON QUALITY The information provided here on the properties and uses of essential oils do NOT apply to all essential oil brands. Because of lenient industry standards and a lack of regulation on terms such as "natural" or "pure", much of what you find at the drug store is not a therapeutic grade of essential oil and may lack real quality or even contain contaminants.
The Best Essential Oil Brands follow these guidelines:
1) Proper plant varieties
2) Grown in their indigenous region around the world
3) Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc
4) Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties
5) Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules
6) Third-party testing of each and every batch 7) Stand behind the internal use of their oils