Ginger Newly sourced from Madagascar, Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Essential Oil is derived from the fresh rhizome of the ginger plant—the subterranean stalk of a plant that shoots out the root system. A featured ingredient in many Asian dishes, Ginger has a hot, fragrant flavor when used as a kitchen spice. In Western tradition, Ginger is most often used in sweets—gingerbread and ginger snaps being two examples. Studies have been conducted on Ginger for its common effect on joint health;* however, Ginger is best known as a digestive aid and for helping to ease occasional indigestion and nausea*. Ginger essential oil can also be applied topically or inhaled to help reduce feelings of nausea.*
• May help to reduce occasional nausea and support healthy digestion* • Delivers antioxidant protection* • May help reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion*
COMMON USES • During a long car ride, diffuse or place a drop of ginger in the palm of your hand and inhale • Apply over lower abdomen for a soothing massage • Use Ginger essential oil in your favorite sweet and savory dishes
APPLICATION Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
CAUTION: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON QUALITY The information provided here on the properties and uses of essential oils do NOT apply to all essential oil brands. Because of lenient industry standards and a lack of regulation on terms such as "natural" or "pure", much of what you find at the drug store is not a therapeutic grade of essential oil and may lack real quality or even contain contaminants.
The Best Essential Oil Brands follow these guidelines:
1) Proper plant varieties
2) Grown in their indigenous region around the world
3) Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc
4) Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties
5) Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules
6) Third-party testing of each and every batch 7) Stand behind the internal use of their oils