Melaleuca Melaleuca (Melaleuca alternifolia) is a very powerful oil. The oil is steam-distilled from the leaves of certain myrtle shrubs and trees. More commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries. They would crush the leaves and inhale the oil to promote clear breathing and apply the leaves directly to the skin to help with recovery. Taken internally, Melaleuca enhances immunity when seasonal threats are high. Diffusing Melaleuca will help purify and freshen the air.
• Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin • Promotes healthy immune function • Protects against environmental and seasonal threats • Promotes a clear, healthy complexion • Soothes minor skin irritations
• For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Melaleuca essential oil onto affected area.
• Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.*
• Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving to prevent razor burn.
• Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep nails looking healthy.
• Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against seasonal and environmental threats.*
APPLICATION Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
CAUTION: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON QUALITY The information provided here on the properties and uses of essential oils do NOT apply to all essential oil brands. Because of lenient industry standards and a lack of regulation on terms such as "natural" or "pure", much of what you find at the drug store is not a therapeutic grade of essential oil and may lack real quality or even contain contaminants.
The Best Essential Oil Brands follow these guidelines:
1) Proper plant varieties 2) Grown in their indigenous region around the world 3) Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc 4) Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties 5) Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules 6) Third-party testing of each and every batch 7) Stand behind the internal use of their oils
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.