Myrrh Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha) essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries. It has a warm, earthy, and balsamic aroma. Myrrh, in the scientific nomenclature system, is called Commiphora Myrrha and is native to Egypt. The resin was frequently used in incense and perfumes in ancient Egypt. It was also employed in embalming and religious ceremonies. Myrrh was referred to in the Bible 156 times and is the most frequently mentioned oil in the Bible!
Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued at its weight in gold. Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat. It is also soothing to the skin—promoting a smooth, youthful looking complexion.
• Powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat • Soothes the skin; promotes a smooth, youthful-looking complexion • Promotes emotional balance and well-being
• Add 1–2 drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits and to promote oral health.
• Diffuse to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.
• Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Add 1–2 drops to ¼ cup of water with some honey for occasional stomach discomfort.
APPLICATION Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
CAUTION: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON QUALITY The information provided here on the properties and uses of essential oils do NOT apply to all essential oil brands. Because of lenient industry standards and a lack of regulation on terms such as "natural" or "pure", much of what you find at the drug store is not a therapeutic grade of essential oil and may lack real quality or even contain contaminants.
The Best Essential Oil Brands follow these guidelines:
1) Proper plant varieties
2) Grown in their indigenous region around the world
3) Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc
4) Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties
5) Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules
6) Third-party testing of each and every batch 7) Stand behind the internal use of their oils