Lemongrass Lemongrass (Cymbopagon flexuosus) essential oil promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems and is commonly used in cooking. Its aroma is lemony and grassy, but also a little bitter. It’s also purifying and toning to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products. Lemongrass can soothe sore muscles and joints, making it an ideal oil to use in massage therapy or applied directly to problem areas.
• Supports healthy digestion • Soothes aching muscles and joints • Purifies and tones skin • Heightens awareness and promotes a positive outlook
• To help soothe sore joints or muscle sprains, combine equal parts of Coconut Oil and Lemongrass oil and rub topically on area of concern.
• Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
• Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
• Rub or spritz on skin before going outside. Lemongrass naturally repels insects.
APPLICATION Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice. Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid. Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
CAUTION: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
IMPORTANT NOTE ON QUALITY The information provided here on the properties and uses of essential oils do NOT apply to all essential oil brands. Because of lenient industry standards and a lack of regulation on terms such as "natural" or "pure", much of what you find at the drug store is not a therapeutic grade of essential oil and may lack real quality or even contain contaminants.
The Best Essential Oil Brands follow these guidelines:
1) Proper plant varieties
2) Grown in their indigenous region around the world
3) Grown without chemical pesticides, herbicides, etc
4) Harvested with precise timing to ensure peak properties
5) Extracted with proper temp and pressure to preserve oil molecules
6) Third-party testing of each and every batch 7) Stand behind the internal use of their oils